Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Democratic Discontent and Support for Mainstream and Challenger Parties: Democratic Protest Voting. In European Union Politics. Volume 19, (2018)
- Evaluations of the Quality of the Representative Channel and Unequal Participation. In Comparative European Politics. Volume 16, (2018). With Macarena Ares
- The Corrosive Effect of Corruption on Trust in Politicians: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. In Research & Politics (2017). With Macarena Ares.
- Turning Your Back on the EU. The Role of Eurosceptic Parties in the 2014 European Parliament Elections. In Electoral Studies. Volume 44, (2016). With Hanspeter Kriesi
- The electoral consequences of the financial and economic crisis in Europe. In European Journal of Political Research. Volume 55, (2016). With Hanspeter Kriesi.
- Determinants of Voting Behaviour. in: Muro, D., and I. Lago. (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of Spanish Politics. Oxford University Press (Forthcoming in 2019). With Marta Fraile
- The Political Consequences of Corruption Scandals: Main Findings and Challenges. in: Tumber, H., and S. Waisbord. (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Media and Scandal. Routledge. (Forthcoming in 2019). With Macarena Ares and Sofia Breitenstein
- Europeans’ Views of Democracy: the Core Elements of Democracy. In Mónica Ferrín and Hanspeter Kriesi (Editors.) How Europeans View and Evaluate Democracy. Oxford University Press (2016)
Work in progress:
- Unexpected Event During Surveys Design: Promise and Pitfalls for Causal Inference (with Jordi Muñoz and Albert Falcó-Gimeno).
- Democracy Belief Systems in Europe: Cognitive Availability and Attitudinal Constraint.
- Democratic Discontent and Protest Participation: a Multilevel Analysis.
- Should You Sacrifice Your Constituents? Moral Dilemmas and the Evaluation of Politicians.
- Political Fiascoes and the Evaluation of Politicians: Quasi-experimental evidence (with Macarena Ares)
Europeans’ understandings and evaluations of democracy. European Social Survey repeat module. Co-applicant and member of the Question module Design Team (2018-2021) [Project Abstract]
- POLCHAN. Political Change in Spain: Populism, Feminism and New Dimensions of Conflict. Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. Co-applicant and member of the research team (2018-2021) [Project website]
- Motivación para el servicio público, rendimiento objetivo y satisfacción de los ciudadanos. Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. Member of the research team (2018-2022)
Dissemination and outreach:
- Does democratic discontent foster support for challenger parties? Democratic Audit UK (2018).
- Los partidos antielitistas tras la recesión de 2008. Report published by Fundación Alternativas (2016). With Guillem Vidal
- Spagna: l’inizio della fine del bipartitismo? Dossier Centro Italiano Studi Elettorali (2014). With Marta Fraile